.

Books, books, and more books  

Posted by Ryan Woods

I'm in trouble. Today I decided to go through my book shelf and make a list of all the books I currently own that I want/intend to read or reread in 2009. This is not including the books that I really want to purchase or the books I've already finished this month. I'm in trouble because this list is way too long! I've got to get crackalackin. Here they are in no particular order and with no authors names because I'm too lazy. Want to add anything to this?

1. God’s politics
2. The Soul of politics
3. Moby Dick
4. 7 habits of Highly Effective People
5. Evangelism after Christendom
6. Jesus through middle eastern eyes
7. Organic Community
8. Divine Conspiracy
9. Connecting
10. Meet the Rabbis
11. Our Father Abraham
12. Ordering your private world
13. The Temple and the Churches Mission
14. Giving and Stewardship in an effective church
15. Overcoming the dark side of leadership
16. The gift of being yourself
17. The Necessity of Prayer E.M Bounds
18. Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
19. Seizing your divine moment
20. Boundaries
21. The E Myth Revisited
22. Creating a Healthier church
23. Jesus wants to save Christians
24. The Prophetic Imagination

3 additions to the conversation

11, for no good reason, made me sing, out loud the Father Abraham had many sons... many sons haaaad faaaather abraham... i am one of them... and so are you... so lets all praise the lord (right hand left arm right foot left leg)

number 4 is a great book, I would suggest How to Win Friends and Influence People, The Go Getter, and the slight edge.John Maxwell Books are great too if you are looking for leadership type books

I am reading 7 habits slowly. I am reading one habit per month, and if I finish the habit before the month is over, I start it again. I have meet the rabbi's on my shelf waiting to be read!

Post a Comment

Author

My photo
I am uncertain what to call myself, but my family and I are committed to the people of downtown Vancouver, WA. We are followers of Christ and hope to be a part of a movement of hope, imagination, and transformation in our developing downtown community.

Find Me

Ryan Woods's Facebook profilea
    follow me on Twitter

    Want to receive email updates concerning our ministry? Subscribe to our newsletter:

    Email:

    Support our work with Renovatus

    $
    Check this out if you want to know more about our work

    Stalkers

    Bloggers I Like

    Archives