.

Too much time to think at work = ...  

Posted by Ryan Woods


I want an arch nemesis. I want one bad. What an arch nemesis brings is validation, consistency, and it gives you something to do or to work toward.
If you have an a.n. then you know that you've come to a place where your lifestyle warrants hatred, or rather, the values that you live for are edgy enough to be opposed by one single sinister force.
I want an a.n. because I want to be the hero. I want an a.n. 'cause how freakin' cool would that be? No, seriously, what if I, Ryan Woods, had some sinister person out there who had three legs, a constant five'o'clock shadow, and a hatred for everything Ryan? How awesome would that be?
I don't know what your a.n. looks like, but it's something that you might want to take some time to think about. As homework watch Unbreakable and your choice of any Disney cartoon.
And before I go, here is one more thought...what if you found out that your a.n.'s name was Mr. Fantastic, or captain Awesome, or something great like that...does that make you the villain? Oooo, that's too scary to think about...what if...

3 additions to the conversation

I'd like to help you out Ry: Perhaps we should be each other's arch nemisiseses. That way, whenever we meet, we can say "Ryyyaannnn" and "Arrrweennnn" (not in a pirate voice... that is Arrrrrwen) the way that Seinfeld says "Newwwwman" whenever he walks in. We can pretend that we hate each other without having the hate in our hearts, because hate in the heart is where the devil lives...

It's either the heart or hell. I can never remember.

i found your villain.

Post a Comment

Author

My photo
I am uncertain what to call myself, but my family and I are committed to the people of downtown Vancouver, WA. We are followers of Christ and hope to be a part of a movement of hope, imagination, and transformation in our developing downtown community.

Find Me

Ryan Woods's Facebook profilea
    follow me on Twitter

    Want to receive email updates concerning our ministry? Subscribe to our newsletter:

    Email:

    Support our work with Renovatus

    $
    Check this out if you want to know more about our work

    Stalkers

    Bloggers I Like

    Archives