.

Sympathy for Jesus  

Posted by Ryan Woods

I downloaded this song from Noisetrade and I was so intrigued by the words. Check 'em out...


I came stumbling into church with a hot gun in my hands


I was ready to talk to Jesus to tell him my demands

But Jesus ain’t no fool, he’s seen this kinda thing before

And He had a couple angels stop me at the front door


I said now come on that ain’t fair, you should be accessible to all

He said everybody gets a secretary even just to take their calls

So address me to my face if you think you’ve got the balls

But I ain’t playin around, boy, at all


This was not what I expected so I stiffened in my stance

And I tried hard to remember every single shitty circumstance

Then I quivered like a victim with his predator in sight

I was ready now to vindicate, I was ready to start a fight


Now you can stand right there and judge me,

shoot, you can send me straight to hell

I know you got the power, I know that fact full well

But before you do explain to me, Why suffering and why death?

And why did I pray all those years and waste all that good breath?


Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well the angels sang it under their breath by the door

Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I give up, I can’t go on like this any more


Well I appreciate your kind, he said and then Jesus poured a drink

My face musta looked funny cause he said, It’s not like you think

I’m saddled with the job you know of interpreting my Dad

To a bunch of frightened people, frightened or just mad

And most of ‘em think they got it right and then he threw some ice cubes in

But most of ‘em are just dead wrong about life and death and sin

And then I got my fiancee, she’s 'sposed to speak my mind
But sometimes she’s just chicken and then she messes it up other times

1 additions to the conversation

on a slightly completely unrelated note:

I've heard "Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones about 20 times in the past week.

that's strange.

Post a Comment

Author

My photo
I am uncertain what to call myself, but my family and I are committed to the people of downtown Vancouver, WA. We are followers of Christ and hope to be a part of a movement of hope, imagination, and transformation in our developing downtown community.

Find Me

Ryan Woods's Facebook profilea
    follow me on Twitter

    Want to receive email updates concerning our ministry? Subscribe to our newsletter:

    Email:

    Support our work with Renovatus

    $
    Check this out if you want to know more about our work

    Stalkers

    Bloggers I Like

    Archives